question

chonaker205 avatar image
chonaker205 asked

MPPT 100/30 stopped charging after update

I updated my blue solar MPPT 100/30 yesterday and now it will not charge with two 100 watt solar panel plugged into it. Works fine with one but stops charging a soon as I plug in the other panel. Please help!

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Hello @Chonaker205@gmail.com Can you please share a bit more on how did you do the update, what fault finding steps have you already taken? How are the panels connected and did you not inadvertently swap the polarity?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chonaker205 avatar image
chonaker205 answered ·

I appriciate your help.

The system worked fine with two panels prior to the update. The panel are running in parallel. I have checked all connections, read manual for trouble shooting, and ran each panel individually with no issues.
I did the update through the victron app, while on LTE phone, sitting next to the inverter. Once complete the system stopped working. I unplugged the second panel and it started working.
I have attached two photos from the victron app that show what happens when I plug in the second panel.

2 |3000

chonaker205 avatar image
chonaker205 answered ·

The system worked fine with two panels prior to the update. The panel are running in parallel. I have checked all connections, read manual for trouble shooting, and ran each panel individually with no issues.

I did the update through the victron app, while on LTE phone, sitting next to the inverter. Once complete the system stopped working. I unplugged the second panel and it started working.

I have attached two photos from the victron app that show what happens when I plug in the second panel.

I would like to reinstall the last update to the unit but I'm not sure how to do that.

2 |3000

robinarizaclark avatar image
robinarizaclark answered ·

Did you get your answer. I have the same problem. My panels do not hold power after update. All batteries are good. Is there anyone in Norther CA I can contact for help?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic