question

mblowes avatar image
mblowes asked

Multiplus Auxiliary Input

My recent vintage Multiplus has a couple of Aux In that can be used in multiple ways , including to work with a non standard Lithium BMS.

That's precisely what I want to do.

So far I cant find a lot on them. .but measuring I find there is one terminal at 4-5 V DC and one at ground. Can I assume there if I connect them to an open relay contact (or opto isolator) and close that ie connect the 4V to gnd.. then there is a wizard somewhere in the Multiplus that can sense that and do something with it eg shut down the charger?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

You can use dry contacts or an opto-isolator.
I use opto-isolators on my system to interface my BMS with the MultiPlus.
I am using the ESS assistant which contains the Two Signal BMS assistant. You can use the Two Signal BMS assistant on its own if you don't want to use ESS.

Edit: I should have mentioned that for Two Signal BMS you use the AUX as one input and you have to use the TEMP as the other input, you loose the ability to use the temperature sensor when using Two Signal BMS assitant.
You can connect the temperature sensor to your Venus GX if you have one.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

roark avatar image roark commented ·

How do you test that the circuit is in fact having the correct effect? I have connected to a terminal block. I then have a simple jumper that I can use to open/close the circuit. I'm using the VEconfig, but, can't figure out how to see if opening/closing the circuit does anything?

0 Likes 0 ·