question

coolball avatar image
coolball asked

MPPT 150/60 erratic behavior after 1.54 firmware update. How to troubleshoot or roll firmware back?

Hi,

I updated the connect app and my controller to 5.24 along with the 1.50 update yesterday and every since then it has quit charging and the voltage is wrong. I installed the 5.25 on my Android today to see it that might resolve the issues and while the app reads 5.25 it does not offer to update the controller when I connect.

Symptoms:

- Battery voltage showing incredibly low on the smart display and in the connect app. Fluctuates between 6v and 9v then jumps erratically to 14v. When battery terminals of controller are metered I read the same odd readings. When I disconnect the batteries from the controller, the controller battery terminals still read odd voltages, but the batteries are charged and meter at 13.4v. This almost indicated to me an internal malfunction in the controller.

-Pv reads normal 70+ volts from the panels but wattage is 1 or 2 watts. 0 amps current output. It's overcast where I'm at but over the last few days it had not been an issue and nothing has changed as far as configuration or physical location.

- The controller no longer realizes when the batteries are disconnected from it.

Is it possible to reload or roll back to earlier firmware to see if the problems are related to corruption or are additional troubleshooting steps to try since I am dry camped for the week.

Thanks

Josh

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Coolball, we’ll contact you by email.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic