question

Simon Jenje avatar image
Simon Jenje asked

Issues connecting Venus GX connection to Raymarine

I am currently trying to connect a Venus GX to the Raymarine MFD display. We have the latest software loaded into the Raymarine unit, the Victron App is loaded, the connection cable is connected, the Venus unit registers it is connected but there is no MQTT aetti g's available on the Venus unit. Any help would be appreciated.
raymarine
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Simon Jenje

What does your 'services' menu look like? what firmware version are you running in the Venus GX?

it should look like this:

you can also test functionality if you have a computer connected to the same network, and browse to the GX ip-address + /app:

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Simon Jenje avatar image Simon Jenje commented ·
I have the following list. MQTT NMEA2000 VRM 2 way Canbus 1 Canbus 2
0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Simon Jenje commented ·

Hi Simon, so if you enable MQTT?

Also up to firmware 2.54 (fixed in 2.54 now) there was a bug where when 'vrm two way communication' was enabled, and no internet available, the VRM app could 'break'

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2020/05/25/venus-os-v2-54-adding-the-24v-pylontech-up2500-battery-and-more/

Fix “Could not connect to the MQTT server” bug in the Marine MFD App, aka Glass bridge integration. It worked well in most systems, but not when “VRM Two Way Communication” was enabled in a system without internet connection. Now, even when there is no internet, enabling that setting does not cause any issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Simon Jenje avatar image
Simon Jenje answered ·
Hi all. I can confirm that if you do not have 2.54 firmware loaded the selection criteria is not available. After working on the system via VRM I WA able to get the latest firmware installed. Thanks.
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic