question

stocksy avatar image
stocksy asked

Simultaneous AC output to AC Panel from 2 Multiplus systems

Hi,

Can someone let me know if this is possible or will it back feed from one MP to the other?

Shorepower is coming through 2000W Isolation transformer, which then feeds both Multis each set to 4a input limit.

My idea is to share the AC loads between the 2 systems that will also have Power Assist enabled and increase my available output on the AC panel.

Thanks and sorry if this is a stupid question :)

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
img-9523.jpg (1.8 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You are not clear about what devices you have, but I think you you have different devices.
(MP and compact in you picture)
In that case -> no you can't do that, both Multi's have to be the same model:
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:manual_parallel_and_three_phase_systems

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stocksy avatar image stocksy commented ·

Thanks Matthias - I have the 12/3000/120 and Compact 12/2000/80. I'm not looking at running the units in parallel I just want to know if I can have both the AC outputs connected to the AC panel at the same time, so have the AC outputs in parallel I guess. From what I've read you can do this if the same voltage and frequency, but want to make sure.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ stocksy commented ·

To connect the outputs together the devices have to work together in parallel and that is only possible with identical devices(+ VE.Bus connection between them and programmed to parallel).

0 Likes 0 ·
stocksy avatar image stocksy Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Ah, OK - no problem. Thanks for the advice!

0 Likes 0 ·
stocksy avatar image stocksy stocksy commented ·

I think I'll have 2 AC panels and split the AC that way keeping the systems isolated.

0 Likes 0 ·