question

carlwk3c avatar image
carlwk3c asked

Multiplus !2/3000 won't invert (new problem)

Multiplus 12/3000. was working since installation 3-4 months ago. yesterday, tried to turn inverter on from Venus remote console via wifi from iPhone (always worked before). Inverter won't come on. batteries are chagrged, good voltage at inverter, charger works fine in charger only mode when powered by our Honda 2000 generator, but inverter won't turn on now (physical switch on multiplus is in the ON position, just as always.

I can turn it OFF and to Charger Only, but it won't come on to invert. I used to hear a click when switching from charger only to ON, but now no click.

This unit has worked since installation, nothing changed, no nearby lighting or other external influences. It just decided yesterday not to turn the inverter on.

If I have the generator running and try to switch from "charger only" to ON, it looks like it shows "Inverting" for a second, then goes back to charger only on its own.

Other components in the system are a Smartsolar 150/85, a Venus controller, and a BMV-712, all of which seem to be working fine.

I have not changed any settings or done any firmware upgrades.

Any ideas or suggestions on troubleshooting? We are at anchor, under Covid-19 lockdown in Grenada. I have MK-3, voltmeter, etc.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mscheyenne avatar image mscheyenne commented ·

Hi Carlwk3c, I have the same problem on my 24/3000, it won’t come to invert at “on” position anymore. For me this happened after I changed my batteries.

Did you find a solution for this problem ?

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
mrseas avatar image
mrseas answered ·

Try with the generator disconnected and not suppling power. Then with everything isolated except the battery, check the voltage at the Multi's battery connection terminals, might be a fuse?

Did you try resetting the Multi by turning the physical switch to "off"?

Try a "reset" from the GX control panel.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

carlwk3c avatar image
carlwk3c answered ·

Battery voltage is fine. Physical switch is in on position.
From Venus remote console via WiFi, if I switch from charger only to on, it says on for a second or two, then reverts to charger only withou inverter ever coming on. I used to hear a click like a relay when switching to on, but don’t hear it now.

2 |3000

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @carlwk3c

What I would do:

-disconnect GX device

-update Multi's firmware to have a clean start

-try if it does invert now (measure DC voltage while doing that)

When it still doesn't work, contact your dealer for repair.

2 |3000

carlwk3c avatar image
carlwk3c answered ·

I will try the firmware update. I did a reset on the inverter/charger from the Venus yesterday afternoon with no apparent change, but this morning I noticed it was inverting when I saw the blinking charge light on the electric toothbrush. ???

Perhaps it took longer to reset than I anticipated and didn’t complete the reset until after I stopped watching?

2 |3000