question

dayandnight avatar image
dayandnight asked

Remote VEConfigure stuck

Hello Victronauts!

What is wrong and what can I do to avoid by using Remote VEConfigure that after uploading the modified file, the process seems to be stucked.

It happens already several times and I proceed than like this:I wait for some minutes, than I do a refresh of the browser tab and it shows the normal Remote VEConfigure page. Parallel I check with the "local" Remote console by IP-adress that it seems that the device is after some time online again. Later I restart the VEConfigure procedure to find the recently modified values in a new downloaded config-file. Up to now, all modifications can be found and everything looks okay. But it is a little bit scary for me not to end normal.

Any idea what can I do to come to a regularly end in this Remote VEConfigure process? I use Firefox, neweset version on Windows 10.

Appreciate your help! Kind regards from sunny Bavaria!

DayAndNight

VEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @DayAndNight

I'm a little rusty with this, as I don't do it very often. Maybe a Win thing?

It seems to work ok if you save the downloaded file yourself, perhaps in a new folder. Call it from there, modify it, and return it to the folder (even renamed, but not the file extension of course).

Then when you send it back, call on that particular file.

Try this.. and good luck.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dayandnight avatar image dayandnight commented ·

Hello @JohnC,

thank you for your support. I tried already what you suggested before. It looks for me menwhile that the effect may be caused thru some communication problems. I will wait if it occurs on a regular base or hopefully it is a rare effect. Thanks again for your advise!

DayAndNight

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic