question

tenterfield avatar image
tenterfield asked

NO charge coming off PV array on Easy Solar48/3000 MPPT 150/70

Hi all you genius solar geeks out there, I'm not tech savvy at all so go easy but this morning woke up to no power showing coming off the PV array at all despite lovely sunny day. System is Easy Solar 48/3000 MPPT 150/70. I have not had it connected to any software upgrades since installed a little over a year ago as unbeknownst to me I had chosen a provider who was not a Victron dealer (although licenced team of electricians installed it all) and then told me I was too far away for him to come back and assist with connectivity after I got internet on. I'm off-grid, female and not a tech genius. Any ideas that a mere mortal might try to resolve this? Currently running generator to fill up batteries :)

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
tenterfield avatar image
tenterfield answered ·

So here is an image of the colour display saying the inverter is supplying the power from battery but nothing from PV array. It also has a new blue icon behind the PV icon that wasn't there yesterday (bottom right) and it says the batteries are at 50.8v but a multimeter test says batteries are 57v...what the?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tenterfield avatar image
tenterfield answered ·

Well, I reset the colour display and all came back to life with power showing coming in from PV array...a miracle...except now it's way dark at night yet 138w show as streaming into the system off the PV array...to use a well used platitude...please explain?

2 |3000

tenterfield avatar image
tenterfield answered ·

Just reset it again, cause what do I have to lose when darkness makes light, and it's now not making power from the dark...very weird!

2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Perhaps give a photo/screen shot of your remote console?

Youtube will give the basics on how to use a multimeter.

1 comment
2 |3000

tenterfield avatar image tenterfield commented ·

Thank you for your answer. I did add a screen shot in this thread and have a multi meter as described also is this post...not helping solve it though.

0 Likes 0 ·
tenterfield avatar image
tenterfield answered ·

It's morning now...monitor says 51.6v and 61% charge...and even though it's early up on the range and very cloudy usually we'd get a trickle feed off the array by now but nothing at all...

Who can I go to that will come and check out the system besides the initial supplier (who was not an authorised Victron dealer, although they feature Victron on their website) ?????

2 |3000