question

kls avatar image
kls asked

Victron 100/20-48 is so Hot. The blue cover has softened and distorted

SCC 100/20-48- first use the controller became so Hot that the blue cover actually softener and distorted. SCC was mounted on outside of cabinet in my RV- plenty of air- no direct sunlight. It was getting 70ish volts and 8ish amps outputted to a 36 volt lithium battery. The SCC continues to work well even as it runs Very Hot. Has anyone seen a distorted cover like this?

smart solar set-up help
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

Please attach some pictures, and also some victron connect app pictures of the unit working, I myself have not seen a unit getting so hot that the blue cover distorts. So please get some more information as soon as you can. Also some photos of the installation and the area around it.

When you say Plenty of air. The Air needs to be exchanged with the outside air you cant just have a big cuboard and no outside air flow.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

The only time I have seen cover distortion is when the terminals have not made good contact with the wires and heated from there.

Nevertheless, it is not normal, and you should get in touch with your Victron dealer.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic