question

amine-lahlou avatar image
amine-lahlou asked

Smart home management of the equipments

Hello

I have at home a 3.5kwc solar installation with battery, a 3 phase ESS installation and a CCGX.

I use the ESS zero feed-in to avoid sending excess power back to the grid.

Can I use the CCGX relay to control and adjust my consumption regarding the electricity I produce and my batteries.

Something like the SMA SUNNY HOME MANAGER 2.0 or Comwatt solution.

indeed as I use this installation at home I want to limit the energy produced that I could loose for exemple by controlling the water heater, swinging pool filter, heaters, air conditioning... Taking onto consideration my production and the whether

Many thanks in advance

amine

@Samir

smart solar charging behaviour
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jbakuwel avatar image
jbakuwel answered ·

Hi Amine.

The CCGX relay has a rating; look that up. I don't know that out of the top of my head, but I'm 99.9% sure that the rating of that relay won't allow you to switch large(r) loads. You can drive a properly rated relay/contactor using the CCGX relay though.

It might be better to look at things like the Sonoff POW R2. These can measure your power consumption as well as switch loads up to 16A and can run open source alternative firmware for more flexibility. These in turn then be controlled by a script running on your CCGX over the wireless network.

I'm working on a similar design for an off grid system where I have to take various loads into account: electric car charging, hot water cylinder, electric oven etc. The off grid system can't power them all simultaneously so there's logic deciding which loads can be switched on at what time.

Jan

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic