question

dominic-ewen avatar image
dominic-ewen asked

1:1 rule multiplus 2

Wenn ich zwei multiplus 2 parallel schalte ist dann auch die mögliche pv Leistung doppelt so hoch. Ich habe einen fronius primo 4.0 mit 4kwp und würde diesen dann gerne an den ac out hängen.

Gruß Dominic

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jbakuwel avatar image
jbakuwel answered ·

Hi @Dominic. My understanding of the 1:1 rule is that the electronics of the battery inverters are rated to handle a certain maximum load. In other words, if all your AC coupled PV power has to be absorbed by the battery inverters, those battery inverters need to be able to handle that.

I would assume that having two MP-II in parallel indeed allows you to increase your AC coupled PV power to the sum of both MP-II's, ie. having two 5KW MP-II's in parallel means you can connect up to 10KW of the combined AC coupled PV inverters.

There may be other considerations regarding MP's in parallel, so to be sure, I'd check with your supplier or wait for an answer from Victron staff here.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.