question

southace avatar image
southace asked

Bmv 712 smart

I'm doing a load test and still can't get my state of charge down under 100%

I have the battery's set at 600 amp but surly when I use power the % of charge should drop? Can someone from Victron help me with my new purchase?

BMV Battery Monitor
img-1746.png (161.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ยท

"I have the battery's set at 600 amp but surly when I use power the % of charge should drop? "

Do the maths.

(edit) From your screenshot, 2ah drawn from a 600ah battery, (2 / 600 = 0.3333% used, ie 99.67% Full)

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

southace avatar image southace commented ยท

I did a load test tuned all on to -15amp draw still at 99% is it just Victron is so good? I have never seen my battery's sitting at 99% since installing them?

0 Likes 0 ยท
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic โ™ฆ southace commented ยท

You are going to have to QUANTIFY what you are saying.

You have a load of XX amp for XX hours?????????

Leading to the BMV showing XX ah drawn????

Giving a SOC of XX%?

0 Likes 0 ยท
southace avatar image southace klim8skeptic โ™ฆ commented ยท

Dropped the amp capacity to 100 amphr and now getting 85% state of charge that's looking better.

0 Likes 0 ยท
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic โ™ฆ southace commented ยท

That would make sense if your battery was made out of 6 x 2v cells, with 100ah capacity.

0 Likes 0 ยท
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE โ™ฆ southace commented ยท

I asked this already in you other question:
What batteries do you have? (brand, name, voltage, Ah)
Maybe if you give us some pictures of the batteries/ of your installation could help.

If you really have 600Ah (as you mentioned in you other question) than is the reading totally correct.
If you test your loads only for a few minutes, you only consume a few Ah.
If you draw 15A for one hour you have consumed 15Ah wich are 2.5% of 600Ah -> 97.5% SOC.

0 Likes 0 ยท