question

dasnider avatar image
dasnider asked

MPPT100/20 + Victron 110 Deep Cycle Gels: which battery preset?

The MPPT has two different presets for Victron Gels:

Gel Victron deep discharge (1)

Gel Victron deep discharge (2)

They each have slightly different absorption voltages, but it's not clear what other differences there are, if any. Nothing in the MPPT manual about that that I can find.

Which one is best for my batteries? Or should I use custom settings?

Thanks in advance...

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
dasnider avatar image
dasnider answered ·

Could someone from Victron please answer this question? This information should really be in the manual, or better yet, the presets should include specific Victron battery models. Specifying (1) and (2) without further information about what that means is not helpful.

-Dave

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Out of the battery datasheet:
https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-GEL-and-AGM-Batteries-EN.pdf

So the preset "Gel Victron deep discharge(2)" is the one you should use.

chargevleaddc.png (66.5 KiB)
2 |3000

markkey avatar image
markkey answered ·

I have the same question. I notice that when the batteries are fully charged by the engine the solar controller does not recharge until quite a bit of power has been used, so I think my settings are incorrect.

So do I choose the high end of the cycle service range? And what is the correct equalization voltage? Thanks!

2 |3000