question

mohamed-tawil avatar image
mohamed-tawil asked

system battery voltage change

Good day to you all! Iam designing a 12kw solar system for a client. We do not have 2 volt large batteries in stock here in Egypt, so it can take 3 to 4 month for them to arrive! since we are in a developing country, shipping and handling is terrible especially with these huge batteries. I solve this problem buy adding an extra battery (naturally with a high cost) since if one get damage the customer need to wait another 3-4 month , no one get paid :) so in the case of all 25 batteries arrive in one piece cant we change the parameters on the solar chargers and inverters to charge and discharge on different voltage using 25 batteries 2 volts? i think this could solve a big issue here and in many developing countries! Thank you for your time and wish u all the best!

battery system voltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ยท

Hi @Mohamed Tawil

Yes, you could do that. And indeed run with 23 batteries the same way.

And you wouldn't be the first to do it either..

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mohamed-tawil avatar image mohamed-tawil commented ยท

Thank you JohnC appreciate your time! This would be my first time installing Victron components , I did install Studer innotec many times but first time Victron with the help of Victron representative here in Egypt. Thank your for your time have a nice evening.

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic