question

mirriulah avatar image
mirriulah asked

4 x 100/20 smartsolar network waiting for data - do I need a bmv

I have successfully set up a network of 4 x 100/20 smart solars but they indicated they are awaiting on data. How do they get that data - by speaking to each other or via a third party such as BMV?

smart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@Mirriulah May I suggest you always start with the manual or a search as the answers are often already out there.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:ve-smart-networking

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mirriulah avatar image mirriulah commented ·

On the 4th phone pic it shows a couple of green items. I dont get these on my phone.

0 Likes 0 ·
mirriulah avatar image
mirriulah answered ·

Thanks for the advice mate... yes I've done that but it may be my old age that puts up some blocks to interpreting the advice... I have been to the link you provided and it doesnt say one way or the other but it does say that when I see the home page for the controller it will show the networking logo and when I click that it just 'waiting for data'

2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Indeed you need a smart battery sense or BMV from where the data will be made available on the smart network to the MPPTs. While it is nor stated implicitly, the steps are to configure the BMV/BatterySense first and then add the MPPTs.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic