question

tony-paroo avatar image
tony-paroo asked

Can the Axiom Pro connect using the NMEA2000 victron interface

The Axiom Pro can see the victron NMEA2000 interface but when running the Lighthouse 3 software app the response is

"no hardware found"

Am I doing something wrong or is the interface unit no good.

Can anyone assist. The Victron manuals are rather confusing - I have tried all the recomendations without success. Do I have to buy a GX interface? and return the other unit - what is the purpose of the victron NMEA2000 interface?

thanks

Tony

NMEA 2000 - N2K
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, our VE.Bus to NMEA2000 interface is deprecated. And also doesnt support the Lighthouse App feature.

the lighthouse app feature needs a GX Device. All requirements of the lighthouse app feature are explained here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:start#marine_mfd_integration_by_app

What part is confusing in the documentation?

best regards, Matthijs

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tony-paroo avatar image tony-paroo commented ·

Please advise dealers as this victron to NEMA200 was supplied to connect. Does it have any use to anybody?

Thanks

Tony

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ tony-paroo commented ·

Yes. For people looking to get their Victron data on the NMEA2000 network.

thanks! I’ll make sure its communicated clearly.

0 Likes 0 ·
tony-paroo avatar image tony-paroo commented ·

It is not clear in the documentation that the NMEA2000 adaptor does not work - does it have any use for anybody?

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ tony-paroo commented ·

It works - it makes the inverter/charger data available on the NMEA2000 network.

what do you mean with “it doesnt work”? That the lighthouse app doesnt work? Thats because thats a feature different from NMEA2000. Its a technology based on an ethernet connection being available between the Axiom MFD and the Victron system. Which that cable cannot provide. GX products can provide it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic