question

thtruck avatar image
thtruck asked

BlueSolar Charger MPPT 150/70 (VE.Can) Setup Menu not usable. How to factory reset?

How to factory reset my BlueSolar Charger MPPT 150/70 (VE.Can) ? If i go into the setup i can see all the options but i can't change them any more. All buttons work just fine. Besides this issue the MPPT functions normally as it did before.

I've disconnected the MPPT from the solar and the battery and it was off for about 10 minutes at least. When reconnected the problem was still the same.

The MPPT is connected to VE Bus and in a Victron network. It came in that network because i used ESS. I can't recall that i put it in that network manually but now it still shows the network symbol.

The firmware is the latest V2.05

Already deleted the ESS assistant in the Multi and restarted the CCGX.

Please help.

setup
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @THTruck

Are you using DVCC by any chance?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

thtruck avatar image
thtruck answered ·

That's right but i switched that off without a different outcome. I've called a dutch Victron service point and a technician helped me good by pointing out to option 63 'reset deafults' which worked. The letters in the menustructure of this device are very strange and i just overlooked. After resetting the MPPT all was good again.

The technician also alsked if i was using DVCC and said that this MPPT is not compatible with it.

The funny thing is that even when i switched of DVCC and restarted the GX the network symbol on the screen of the MPPT was still visible. I don't care really. Now i am able again to change the parameters i wanted to change. Anyway thanks for your help Daniel.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic