question

alexandre-berman avatar image
alexandre-berman asked

Skylla-IP44 cable to Cerbo GX

Hello,

Is my understanding correct that to connect Skylla-IP44 charger to Cerbo GX I need to use RJ45 cable ? It’s being referenced as VE Can, VE Bus and UTP RJ45 so I’m a bit confused.

Also, by connecting these devices I should be able to control Skylla charger through Cerbo GX remotely (on/off) ?

Thank you,

Alex

VE.Can
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

Hello @Alexandre Berman I had a look around and yes it is a little confusing. We have yet to see a Cerbo this end of the world. But I do know VE CAN is used on the Color Control to connect to the Skylla, you can check this in the CCGX manual.

Since the Cerbo and color control are both GX, it would be safe to assume they would use the same communication protocols on both devices.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX_Device_Manual/en/installation.html

The full picture for all the connections can be found in the link. Her is the section for the Skylla

1588663698731.png (307.9 KiB)
2 |3000

alexandre-berman avatar image
alexandre-berman answered ·

Thanks very much Alexandra - but my Skylla is Skylla-ip44 - not Skylla-i, not sure if they have completely different wiring options. And still couldn’t find in the documents if I can control on/off functionality of my Skylla through RJ45 cable connected to Cerbo GX.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic