question

Dale avatar image
Dale asked

on grid loss inverter takes to long to respond

Hi @mvader (Victron Energy) I've had a Vicrton Multiplus for about 3 or 4 years. This is the 48v version, it was running Fw. 408 until i updated it to make the most of the DVCC option and get the most out of it. On updating I noticed G98/G99 options had updated. The problem I have now is I suffer frequent grid losses the second one occuring tonight.I have noticed if I disconnect from main grid manually it takes about 10 seconds for the inverter to recognise this and respond.

Any ideas?

Regards

Dale

Multiplus-II
8 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Dale Marriott

By failing to respond, do you mean that the output/load also is off, then 10 seconds later everything powers up again?

0 Likes 0 ·
Dale avatar image Dale Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Yes I mean exactly that, when its supposed to be back on in 20ms.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Dale commented ·

@Dale Marriott

A setting to check is the ups function, is it checked?

A firmware update will have messed with your previous settings.

0 Likes 0 ·

@Alexandra Not sure where is this setting? I have monitor grid loss checked. like I said it should be instant backup but it's a good 10 seconds.

0 Likes 0 ·

@Dale Marriott

Depending on how you are connecting to your Multiplus it will be different.

How did you update? With the Victron Connect app? Or over VRM?

0 Likes 0 ·

No I didnt think you could do it with that I used the mk3 interface and a laptop. I wish I could get into it via Victron connect App

0 Likes 0 ·

@Dale Marriott You can use the mk3 with Victron Connect on the laptop. So you must have used VE Flash. Did you save your previous settings with VE Config before making changes?

0 Likes 0 ·

So I've been looking at these settings, I take it UPS is supposed to be ticked. LOM on Type A LOM Type A and Gridcode G98/G99 after that I'm hoping I should get 0s disconnection time.

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Dale avatar image
Dale answered ·

This is now solved I updated the firmware at the same time checked the grid settings these are set to G98 / G99 as they should be Type A the battery system fully charged. So I updated the VE.bus firmware while I was doing it checked the inverter after and the inverter kicked in instantly. On reading setting's though I noticed two issues with over-voltage at the time's I had the 20 seconds disconnection. This must be due to the fact I'm sat on a transformer literally 15 meter from my house.

Thanks for you help guys it's appreciated

Dale

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Dale avatar image
Dale answered ·

yes I think i have this still, but I copied it like for like the only option that changed was G59 to g/98 g99

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

This has something to do with the Grid code standards, am I correct? Depending on the regulations where you are the Grid code does need to be set correctly. This sets up the Loss Of Mains detection in the unit. I have just been looking at the different code standards in VE Config and UPS check box is not available for most grid standards so my apologies for suggesting that.

Since the setting is Grid code related it may be better to directly contact your local distributor so the grid delay can be set.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dale avatar image
Dale answered ·

So I managed to get a hold of the firmware I saved. The old one fw 408 doesnt appear to have the UPS option so I may not have uploaded it with that ticked. I need to go and get my laptop tomorrow and try and compare. Also gives me a change to update to the latest FW

2 |3000

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Dale Marriott

Please do not @mention people in the starting post, this is against the community guidelines.

1 comment
2 |3000

Dale avatar image Dale commented ·

okay sorry didn't realise

0 Likes 0 ·