question

sprintershawn avatar image
sprintershawn asked

Remote Turn On MultiPlus Inverter?

I have a MultiiPlus, Digital Mulit Control, and CCGX. Is there any way to turn on the inverter via Bluetooth?

My van hot water heater is electric and what I am hoping to do is as soon as I open my eyes be able to fire up the hot water heater for a shower via the app on my phone without having to climb out of bed, switch everything on, then back in bed while the water heats up.

Everything I am seeing is that since I have the DMC, the CCGX remote switch is disabled. Any way to achieve remote on status control?

No, I can not move my control panel closer.

Yes, I am being lazy!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @SprinterShawn,

as long as the DMC is connected and configured, there is no way to remote on/off/charger.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

As @Stefanie wrote, you have to disconnect the DMC to use the CCGX (remote console via WiFi) or the VE.Bus Smart dongle. As long as the DMC is connected it overrules/disables all other remote options.

2 |3000

mobile-solar-consulting avatar image
mobile-solar-consulting answered ·

Recently completed an install with Touch 50/Cerbo and a DMC. I've never tried remote on/off using touch screen or VRM, but I have used remote console in general to change settings, and I have been able to turn the system on/off easily using the DMC - no conflict between the two.

2 |3000

elvis avatar image
elvis answered ·

I dont have a DMC but is the option to turn the inverter On/Off missing in remote console for the multiplus with a DMC?

1 comment
2 |3000

mobile-solar-consulting avatar image mobile-solar-consulting commented ·
Yes. Once you connect the DMC, the touch screen (as well as remote console) will not work for switching inverter on/off.
0 Likes 0 ·