question

Elimac avatar image
Elimac asked

Multiplus health check

Today I had a LED lamp blow up in my installation. I was near the Multi and lamp at the time. I'm not sure what happened, but although the AC Breaker (16A) didn't trip, it must have been close to a short.

When I switched the lamp ON, I immediately a loud, vibrant and unpleasant noise coming from the Multiplus. Then it switched to ACin, according to inverter overload conditions that I programmed. I received email of Overload Warning.

Looking into VRM graphs, I can't see anything out of the ordinary, just an input current over 100A (@24V) during the event.

However, I can't forget that noise from the Multi... my question is:

- Is there any way to perform a sanity/ health check on the unit to verify its performance or internal circuitry status? Or is just "no news is good news" ?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

I guess what you have heard was the booster for high peak loads. So I would say everything is good.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Elimac avatar image Elimac commented ·

Thank you! I never heard that noise before, I guess there wasn't such event till now...

0 Likes 0 ·