question

lea-trainer avatar image
lea-trainer asked

1 of my charge controllers not charging the battery

Hi all,

I have 2 Smart Solar charge controllers 250/100, each having 5 x 275w panels. Feeding a 12v system.

They have been working fine up until a few days ago.

1 charge controller continues to work fine, it’s just the second one. All settings have been checked and are the same between each controller, connections have been checked and voltage taken at different positions along the system and all reads correct.

The charge controller reads the battery voltage but just sits in float when the other is charging the battery. See photos attached. Screenshots from each controller.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Have you noticed the min/max battery voltages for the offending mppt?

Better check your fuses/breakers between that mppt/batt.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lea-trainer avatar image lea-trainer commented ·

I have not noticed the min/max battery voltage. The working controller doesn’t show the same min/max battery voltage readings as the offending one on the app.

i have just been told that the 100amp DC breaker was down in the off position the other morning it was put back to on and I guess this is when it hasn’t been working properly since. Do you think I should get a new breaker?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic