question

dayandnight avatar image
dayandnight asked

Bus bar for negative Pole without Fuse Holder

Hello!

Here some information and ideas when you think to use the Victron busbar without fuse holders.

Normaly for the negative pole there aren't any fuses. So I thought, okay just leave it away. But it ended up a little bit more complicated. The bus bar is good, professional product but ...

I wanted to mount the positive bus bar with fuses in a housing ...

as well as the negative bus bar in a second housing.

The problem for the negative bus bar is, or better the advantage of the fuse holder in combination with the bus bar is, that the screws for the bus bar are fixed thru the fuse holder which is below the bus bar and therefore they can't be turned by fixing or lossing the nuts on top. The screw fits perfect into a hole on the bottom side of the fuse holder.

So: No fuse holder, no fixing for the screws. :-(

In case you can't and won't live with the problem when you ever have to change something on the negative bus bar and you aren't willing to diassemble the whole stuff, there must be a solution which holds the screw and make sure they can't turn when fixing/losing the nuts.

I went to my locksmith beside and € 20 and one day later I got a little piece of steel according to my wishes.

On the backside there is the magic ;-) to make sure the the screws won't turn:

Here my screw holder with screws ..

With this holder is was no problem to mount the bus bar and the cables without fuse holders ...

.... a nut and big washer fixed the screw to my "holder" and made the perfect distance for the big screw on the right side between bus bar and holder

All together was mounted into a housing and it was fixed to the wall.

Here a link to a discussion how to mount positive bus bar and fuse holder all parts together correctly.

Kind regards from Bavaria

DayAndNight

fuses
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Nice solution!

Also look at the Lynx DC distribution system, it saves a lot of work, space and time:

https://www.victronenergy.com/dc-distribution-systems/lynx-distributor

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic