question

erick-de-moraes avatar image
erick-de-moraes asked

BMV 712 reading the house bank plus two starter batteries

Hello.

Have a couple of question please:

1. On my Cat I have a house bank batteries and two starters batteries . All different locations. House bank in near galley, and starters batteries (1 next to engine Port 1 next engine STB). My question is:

Would it be possible to obtain reading of those separate systems? I understand is possible with house bank plus one starter battery, but I want make sure that would an extra input connector in the shunt for the second starter battery.

2. I understand the supplied shunt has 500amps capacity, right? My house bank currently hold 7 batteries, that combine can generate 700 amps. I guess that should be problem, correct?

Thank you,

Erick

BMV Battery Monitor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

inverterservicecenter avatar image inverterservicecenter commented ·

@Erick De Moraes One of the inputs to the shunt on the BMV will have to come from your house battery bank. The other can be used to monitor a secondary starter battery's voltage. That being said you could use a switch like this: https://www.bluesea.com/products/8300/Contura_Switch_DPDT_Black_-_ON-ON to switch between the two starter batteries to view their voltages.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
inverterservicecenter avatar image
inverterservicecenter answered ·

@Erick De Moraes One of the inputs to the shunt on the BMV will have to come from your house battery bank. The other can be used to monitor a secondary starter battery's voltage. That being said you could use a switch like this: https://www.bluesea.com/products/8300/Contura_Switch_DPDT_Black_-_ON-ON to switch between the two starter batteries to view their voltages.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

s-v-simbora avatar image
s-v-simbora answered ·

Eric, did you solve the problem of monitoring the two start batteries? I have the same setup and would like to check both starter batteries.

Philip

2 |3000