question

pau1phi11ips avatar image
pau1phi11ips asked

Relay out problem on BMV-712

The relay output on my BMV-712 has stopped working and it's constantly clicking when it's on.

See here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/tAhMedWu81EHrEXo6

Anyone have any ideas what's going on here?

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @pau1phi11ips, thats strange! I’ll check internally and get back to you; within one or two days, Matthijs

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi again @pau1phi11ips, we tried, and can't reproduce, nor explain it. So, I think its best that you get it replaced. Could you do me a favour, and (a) let me know which country you're in, and (b) post the RMA number here, and (c) ask your dealer to include a link to this thread on community in the RMA? Then I'll make sure its investigated. Thanks, and sorry it failed on you. Matthijs

2 comments
2 |3000

pau1phi11ips avatar image pau1phi11ips commented ·

Hi Matthijs,

a) UK
b) RMA ID 265.260

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ pau1phi11ips commented ·

Perfect! Thanks - enjoy your new one, Matthijs

0 Likes 0 ·
sirdanielwhitney avatar image
sirdanielwhitney answered ·

I have the exact same problem, and notice when my 712 Smart has it’s relay clicking, it is consuming almost 60A from the system (!). I can get it to temporarily stop by changing the settings (via Bluetooth) for ‘Relay-off Delay‘ or ‘Minimum close time’ to a few hours.
Any news on how to troubleshoot?

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

As above, dealer

2 |3000