question

ianddindustries avatar image
ianddindustries asked

Orion 24/12 70 amp

Hi

I have a 24v Victron lithium setup and have 12v loads. I am using an Orion 24/12 70 dc converter and wondering if you need a battery protect or can use the BMS load disconnect to turn off the Orion directly.

Thanks

Grant

Orion DC-DC Converters not smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
power-from-the-son avatar image
power-from-the-son answered ·

I'm not one to ever want the battery to drain down so far as to disconnect itself. What other components are you running?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

power-from-the-son avatar image
power-from-the-son answered ·

Are you running lisds directly from the Orion or is the Orion feeding a battery? I'm still searching if there is an actual need for the 12v battery at all, just running the wire straight to Orion.

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
You don't need a battery on the output side of the Orion unless it's configured as a charger. As the 24/12-70 is a power supply, not a combined charger/power supply, no battery is needed.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic