question

xels avatar image
xels asked

Voltage drop on cable to BMV 712

Hello,

I have just put the BMV 712 smart into operation.

I use the 10m cable to the shunt which was included in the package.

When I measure the voltage on the shunt (between B1 and ground) I get a correct value (in this case 13 Volt).

But the BMV 712 only shows 6.6 Volts and the display flickers (apparently the voltage is too low for operation).

I checked the cable to the shunt, the cable between B1 and battery plus and the fuse contacts. Everything seems to be ok.

What could be the problem here?

How can I solve the problem?

Thanks a lot

warm greetings

Martin

voltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
nigelfxs avatar image
nigelfxs answered ·

Some BMV712 units were shipped with the wrong fuse - it should be fitted with a 1A fuse. One can get a large voltage drop if one uses the (incorrect) 100mA fuse.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

xels avatar image
xels answered ·

Hi,

the fuse is ok (1A) but i changed it for sure, with no sucess.

The power between plus (battery protector) and ground (shunt) is about 14,4, volt.
The power between B1 and shunt ist about 14,3 volt

The power which is shown at connecting the bmv712 is about 6,6 volt.
After the backlight is switching off it goes to 11,1 volt.

After connecting with bluetooth to the bmv the power goes to about 4,7 volt.

What happens with this piece of ..........

Pleas help

Thanks with best regards

Martin

2 |3000

xels avatar image
xels answered ·

Aditional i changed also the connection at the shunt (left to right)

2 |3000

xels avatar image
xels answered ·

Any suggestions?

1 comment
2 |3000

harold avatar image harold commented ·

As your V changes when you use more power (light, bluetooth) I realy think you have a restriction some where in the cable or connections

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic