question

jacko avatar image

pulsating lights when connected to a generator?

Does anyone know if there are any settings to smooth the output of a quattro or alike when connected to a generator. Were getting pulsating lights when the generator is running and charging the batteries. I dont think its the generator alone, i know that the load is directly connected to the generator when its running, but i think it has something to do with the charging aswell as supplying the load. Its two quattros in parralell (I mention this because i havnt had it as bad on single ones ive installed) and a good quality generator running well within its limits.

voltage
2 comments
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Do you still get the pulsing when not charging ?

No completly stable on passthrough mode but when the charger kicks inn it starts to pulse its almost like the charger is working against the AVR in the generator, I feel like there must be a solution to help smooth it out, as my customers a bit bothered by the flickering lights in the night time

3 Answers
Boekel avatar image

What frequency are the lights pulsating?

Did you find anything while looking into the Quattro with Ve-Config? charge current / voltage oscilating..

What kind of generator? Might be overloaded?

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Robbo avatar image

Does it pulse when you take the Quattro's out of the loop? The Quattro will match/pass the wave form of the Generator which is usually poor in alot of cases. Another solution is too use a DC/DC converter for sensitive stuff - I use this with good results; https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/mean-well/rsd-60g-12/?qs=Mv7BduZupUi9jvXZJNDtqg==&countrycode=GB&currencycode=GBP

Paul B avatar image

try reducing the maximum battery charge rate, as with two quattros you maybe overloading your generator when they are charging at full output

what are the size of the 2 x quattros and what is the size of the generator connected,