question

sanford129 avatar image
sanford129 asked

BMV 712 not displaying values

I'm having a problem with my BMV712 not displaying values for Current, Power and Consumed Ah. I've got it wired to 4 100 Ah Battle Born Lithiums. Voltage does display properly, SOC and Time remaining display the same values of 100% and Infinite always. I've got the battery cable connected from a battery negative terminal and the cable from Load & Charge shunt terminal is grounded to the chassis frame rail. I asked Battle Born support if this was correct and they said it was. I've checked the fuse for the temperature wiring connection and it's correct. The original dongle connection to the factory coach battery mgt system is still connected to a battery and that monitor in the coach control panel displays correct readings. I didn't see any point in removing that. What have I done wrong or could there just be a problem with the BMV712 unit? Thanks for your help.

BMV Battery Monitor
bmv12.jpg (287.1 KiB)
shunt.jpg (6.8 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Where are the negative wires of your loads/chargers connected?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sanford129 avatar image sanford129 commented ·

That cable is going to the chassis ground as shown in 2nd photo, it's the red cable. I know that doesn't seem right to me. I'm guessing it should be going to the negative terminal that has the dongle from the original factory battery manager.

0 Likes 0 ·