question

bathnm avatar image
bathnm asked

Temperature at which Multiplus fan cuts in

Hi all,

Does anyone know at what temperature the Multiplus's internal cooling fan kicks in?

Many Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Hi @Bathnm I cant say I have noticed a it trigger at a particular temperature, but I do know that under certain load conditions and charge conditions it does. For instance on the 5KvA when I boil the kettle or the PV is charging the battery bank at 4000W. And our ambient temperatures are around 25 C currently.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alan avatar image Alan Alexandra ♦ commented ·
I’ve noticed ours cuts in @ 40c,

our setup is 48/3000va 230 v

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Bathnm Ran a few scenarios. The fans switched on at 35°C.

Our ambient temperatures are at about 23/4°C. We have been running in inverter mode for over a week now. Measured the temperature of the side of the 5kVa Multi and at the top by the fans while running a load of 2800W.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

offgridvoltage avatar image
offgridvoltage answered ·

As mentioned above, there are several criterea for the activation of the fan. Even when temperature is one of those factors..... it's the temperature of the MOSFETS inside, and not the outside ambient or case temp.

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
It also automatically ramps with load, is my understanding.
0 Likes 0 ·