question

rallyrob avatar image
rallyrob asked

Help with Quattro 24v 5000 VE bus error required.

HI

I wonder if anyone here can help me with a problem that I have with a Quattro 24v 5000 / 120 inverter /charger.

The unit is fitted to a large horse transporter along with onboard diesel generator. The vehicle has an EPLEX multiplex system that controls all the DC and AC switching on the vehicle and also interfaces with the invertor. Power to the invertor is supplied from 6 x 230 a/h AGM batteries.

When I was first asked to look at the vehicle the batteries were all dead flat and appeared to be the originals fitted to the vehicle when new 12 years ago, all batteries have been replaced with new.

With the 24v DC power restored the EPLEX system was coaxed back to life and appears to be functioning properly and can communicate with the invertor allowing switching between modes and displaying the LED status of the invertor.

When powered on, the invertor immediately displays fixed red LED’s on temperature and overload and fixed amber against float and absorption. Green against invertor on and amber against bulk flash out of phase with each other.

If the red overload and temperature LED’s were not illuminated this would indicate a VE bus error 17 “one of the slaves has assumed phase master status because the original phase master failed”

Checks so far:

24Ov present at invertor input.

Voltage at invertor DC input measured and is identical to the voltage at the batteries (25.5v)

One wire of the remote senor input at the invertor has been disconnected and taped back, it also looks like the connector has been damaged.

There is no short circuit on either of the 240v outputs from the invertor.

I am sorry for the long explanation! could anyone offer a way forward with further diagnosing this of this unit?

Best regards

Rob

VE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources