question

neff avatar image
neff asked

Shoreline Power 15A

I have a Victron 3000W 12V 120 and Im trying to figure out how to hook up the shore power line to the Victron 3000W invertor. I understand there is a Phoenix Battery Charger, but cant I just hook up a 15A shorepower line directly to the invertor to charge the 600AH house batteries?

inverter current draw
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

harold avatar image harold commented ·

Do I inderstand well, You currently only use the inverter?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Neff

Since we have no idea how it is all electrically wired up, or what inverter you have, the answer is not simple. So I have just a few pointers.

You should be able to electrically wire up directly to the inverter, if it is a Multiplus or Quattro, into the AC In side. If it is also a Phoenix inverter then as far as I am aware it does not have an AC In connection. The link shows a typical system may be wired:-

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/4-PHOENIX-CHARGER-AND-INVERTER.pdf

The 15A shore limit power, if it is a Multi, would need to be programmed into the inverter with VE Config, Victron Connect or using a GX device, if you have one installed. 15A limit will allow a draw of about 1800W max, assuming you don't want to run anything else at the same time from shore, and your shore connection is good.

The second consideration is your battery type and if your inverter is correctly programmed on the charger section. I would check that as well.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic