question

obay avatar image
obay asked

Multiplus big problem

I have 2 multiplus 24/1600 ,, i used just one of them firstly , then i connect the second one with first in parallel , i upgrade them to the last softeare 473 , , programmed the both and everything seems good , in ve bus thr check give me ok , no errors , all that the network grid was on , after grid off , i noticed thats one inverter make big noise for secondes then back normally , and the invertes feed back electricity to Ac-in , i disconnected the inverters and make stand alone again and seem problem , I downgraded firmware and same problem , my main electricity table separated very well , i hope anyone find solution for me

Please be helpful, i have no local dealer im my region for VE , and everything stop and airline stop from Covid19

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
obay avatar image
obay answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

make sure the wiring is 100% symatrical, Both ac and DC !
the neutral AC from both units MUST be connected to both units directly , so no fuse or what soever

then test without ac out connected

2 |3000

muhammad-muhjeh avatar image
muhammad-muhjeh answered ·

Thx for your fast reply the neutral is actually connected to the grid directly no fuses or circuit breakers added the wiring is for sure ok

Could any one help with the software using team viewer or what ever possible

The sound is a relay coil hummig sound like using a drill on the wall it lasts for seconds when the mains are on and then the every thing is ok both units start charging normally when the grid us off again no sound goes on just an error in the log low freq and low voltage that is because the units are feeding back to the grid when its off

Sorry for the poor english and thx again

5 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Muhammad Muhjeh

Can you share some photo's of your install and wiring?

Also of the settings you made in both inverters.

0 Likes 0 ·
muhammad-muhjeh avatar image muhammad-muhjeh Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Settings were reset several times even though i disconnected the slave in and out ac and went back to one inverter still the same problem i am having the sound and electrecity back through the grid

Also tried to downgrade the units nothing worked out

0 Likes 0 ·
muhammad-muhjeh avatar image muhammad-muhjeh commented ·

The wiring is ok as mentioned before

And the settings are ok according to your program

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ muhammad-muhjeh commented ·

Hi @Muhammad Muhjeh

That wiring is -not- ok!!!

do not connect input to output (the N wire)

I -strongly- advice you to get the help of an installer with experience to help you find the cause.

0 Likes 0 ·
muhammad-muhjeh avatar image muhammad-muhjeh Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

I am a certified electrition anay way even when disonnecting the outputs from both units im having electrecity back through the input lines

0 Likes 0 ·
obay avatar image
obay answered ·
2 |3000