question

Swaleh Hassan avatar image
Swaleh Hassan asked

Connecting BMV to battery bank with more than 9999Ah

Hi There, We have a project with 10108Ah battery bank. We are using BMV 702 for monitoring but it has a limit 9999Ah. There are two strings of 24 Lead Acid batteries each and each battery is 2V 5054Ah @C20 is there any other VICTRON item we can add to make this work? Or is the difference of 109Ah very minimal to be bothered? cc @guystewart Looking forward to your responses.
BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Swaleh Hassan

as you don't want to discharge below 20% SOC (80% discharge), using 9999 Ah is no problem.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

109Ah are ~1.08% of your total capacity, so I would say you can ignore it.

2 |3000

Swaleh Hassan avatar image
Swaleh Hassan answered ·
Hi @matthias lange @Daniel Boekel, Much appreciated. How about if the system has a way higher Ah, say 15000Ah?
1 comment
2 |3000

The MultiPlus/Quattro allows a programmed battery capacity of up to 65,330 Ah.

I would suggest adjusting the battery SOC priority selection to the MultiPlus instead with a GX device. You can still use a BMV to take in DC power values, and they will be used to help support/compute the Multi's calculated SOC.

0 Likes 0 ·
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

Use for every string its own BMV...

This is what I do, because my SOPzS batteries are simply to expensive.

1 comment
2 |3000

porcini avatar image porcini commented ·

Correct, that's the way to go.

0 Likes 0 ·