question

john-doe avatar image
john-doe asked

Control of Remote Load controllers with Frequency Shift

Hello everyone.

I am investigating the replacement in an off grid installation of a battery inverter system by a different company with a Victron product. However, I need to investigate whether the new battery inverters support the same functionalities.

This system has PV inverters and Loads away from the battery inverters (>300m) in different locations. At the moment when the SoC drops below 30% a diesel generator is switched on. Reading the documentation of victron products I understand that this functionality is supported.

However, the system has also the following functionality. If the diesel generator fails to start and the SoC drops below 20% then the battery inverter changes the frequency to 49 Hz in the system. Then load shedding relays with under-frequency functionalitites disconnect the loads. Is this also supported by Victron battery inverters? Can someone set a limit for SoC for example were the frequency will be dropped?

Disconnecting with relays the loads at the terminal of the battery inverters will also isolate the battery system from the PV inverters making its charge impossible. I don't want to rely only on communication based solutions too in order to shed the load therefore this functionality is crucial.

Does anyone know if this functionality (Underfrequency at low SoC or low battery voltage) is supported by Victron.

Thank you for your time!

offgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources