question

peternielsen avatar image
peternielsen asked

How do i connect Multiplus II in a gridtie installation ?

Hi,

I would like to install a MultiPlus II 5000 in a gridtie setup together with a battery (LiFePo4) and two SmartSolar MPPT chargers. I don't have a gridtie inverter and the Multi will be my only inverter. I would like to install in such way that i can feed to the grid but the gridmeter from the electricity company summs on all phases so if i use 500w on phase L1 and the Multi produces on L2 they calculate 0w usage from grid.

Few questions :

1. On what output from the multi do i connect the house electricity ? I mean the Multi has AC in, AC out 1 and AC out 2, on which of these does the Multi produce it's electricity ? on the AC in ? Or do you loop AC in and AC out ? I can't find documentation showing this beside just general sketch but none shows where they exactly connect ?

2. I guess AC sense sensor is not good for me since it's measuring only on one phase and i need it to measure on all 3 phases, should i then get the 3phase energy meter from here : https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/energy-meter

/peter

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Hi @peternielsen. The AC out will be powered up from the battery when grid is down, so that’s a backup output if you need it. The “sending power to the grid” will happen via AC in, and it can do that with or without items connected to AC out. When set up with ESS, the unit synchronises to the AC input (grid) and then the power is sent back via the input. You don’t need to loop anything on the AC connections, doing this might even damage the unit. Use a 3ph grid meter like ET340 or EM24 for a total view of all three phases.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.