question

Richard Williamson avatar image
Richard Williamson asked

Cerbo GX Firmware update

I am currently running firmware 2.50 on a new Cerbo Gx. I have tried to update firmware by usb stick , and micro Sd card. The system briefly shows a message to say firmware present on stick or SDcard but then will not proceed to install.

Firmware filename I think is venus-swu-beaglebone.swu

can anyone assist?

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @DrW,

The Cerbo GX uses the swu-einstein firmware file, not beaglebone.

The current version is posted here - venus-swu-einstein.swu

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shellness avatar image shellness commented ·

I have the same issue with a Venus GX, can you please advise whether I have the correct swu file?

Current version 2.18. New version 2.57. File name “venus-swu-beaglebone.swu”.

For info I have no Ethernet and connect to the Venus over WiFi on an Android phone. The phone gives me the option “press to update”, after which the phone says “updating” for 12 seconds, then it reverts to “press to update”. After this, pressing the “update” button causes the screen to change to “updating” for just ~2 seconds before reverting to “press to update”.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Do you have internet via LAN or WLAN available? That would be the easiest way.

2 |3000

Richard Williamson answered ·

Sadly not at present. We do have a network on board, and the Cerbo is both wired to the router and connected by wifi - but due to the coronavirus the shipyard we are currently berthed in has closed down and internet is 'off'

I have tried to hotspot my phone to the cerbo but reception poor.

2 |3000

Richard Williamson answered ·

Can anyone confirm the firmware file name for cerbo gx please

2 |3000

jaaksza avatar image
jaaksza answered ·

Quick question to add to this if I may?

The software files show two version Beaglebone and Einstein, what is the difference?
I have googled and searched to no avail and have not found a real answer anywhere.
Assumption is that Einstein is for the Cerbo GX and Beaglebone for the Venus.

1 comment
2 |3000

Correct!

There is a reference here in Cerbo GX manual for Venus GX.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic