question

Lawrence avatar image
Lawrence asked

Pylontech 2000b Battery watts and Amps wrong on CCGX

New Install, Easysolar 48/5000, 4 x Pylontech 2000b. The CCGX is only showing about a 1/4 of the actual Charge/discharge to the batterys. The Details screen in the Battery Device List also is not being populated. Wired and set up as per Instructions, everything else is working fine. It appears as the CCGX is only displaying the current/power into/out of one battery. Any advice?

Pylontech CCGX.pdf

Pylontech
pylontech-ccgx.pdf (1.6 MiB)
7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Murray van Graan avatar image Murray van Graan commented ·

Send us a complete wiring schematic of your setup

0 Likes 0 ·
Lawrence avatar image Lawrence Murray van Graan commented ·

20200331135731524.pdf

Theres a 160a battery disconnect between the battery and the EasySolar

0 Likes 0 ·
20200331135731524.pdf (444.9 KiB)
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

Is the correct battery Ah capacity configured on the Easysolar? Not sure about the battery device details as it does not show for my LG. What are the dvcc settings? What is the BMS device set to?

0 Likes 0 ·
Lawrence avatar image Lawrence ejrossouw commented ·

Yes 200ah is set in VE config

0 Likes 0 ·
Lawrence avatar image Lawrence ejrossouw commented ·

DVCC is On

Limit Charge Current is Off

SVS is On

STS is On

Temp Sensor is set to Pylontech Battery on CAN-bus

SCS is On

SCS status is showing Disabled (External Control)

BMS device is set to Pylontech Battery on CAN-bus

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Lawrence@sunz.co.nz Since the Easy reports correctly using the VE Bus when the can bus is disconnected, it suggests the error in reporting comes from the Pylontech side. Maybe the can bus has an issue, even the comms between the batteries themselves?

0 Likes 0 ·
Lawrence avatar image Lawrence Alexandra ♦ commented ·

I had to make up a type B comms cable so ive replaced it and Quad ripple checked the pin configuration so im pretty sure its not that. Ill contact Pylontech and see what they have to say.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Lawrence avatar image
Lawrence answered ·

Update: I un-plugged all the battery comms cables and re pluged them in exactly the same configuration and the CCGX now displays correctly. Obviously only the Master was communicating, giving 1/4 of the actual.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gilemon avatar image gilemon commented ·

Thanks to your easy to find post title you pointed me to the correct direction.

I had exactly the same symptoms because I incorrectly wired the Link Port 0 of the master unit to Link Port 0 of the 1st slave unit.

After rewiring the Link Port 1 of the master unit to Link Port 0 of the 1st slave unit, all the other units got discovered and everything worked much better. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·