question

tvz avatar image
tvz asked

Pairing the BMV 712 Smart to a new phone

Lost the phone; off the dock. Have a new phone and none of the default pin codes working when trying to pair to the app on my phone - 000000; 0000; 1234. Victron online instructions say to open the app and click on the three dots and choose "reset pin". Of course that leads to the next ambiguous message from the app: "make sure to remove the bonding information from your device before resetting the PIN code" it then offers some instructions and a video about 2.3 seconds long showing how to make sure the monitor is not connected through the phone's own bluetooth pairing system - mine is not. However, when I click on the three dots and hit "reset pin" and then type a pin of my choice it says "wrong PUD code.

HELP PLEASE.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@TvZ, in order to reset the PIN you must enter the PUK code of the device, which is to be found on the back of the display head separate from the device serial number but on the same sticker, usually listed underneath the serial number in smaller characters. It will say PUK: followed by a long alphanumeric string that must be entered into the app.

Once you correctly enter the device PUK code, the PIN will be reset to default, and after that then you can connect to the device and set a new PIN of your choosing.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tvz avatar image
tvz answered ·

That helps to know. Thank you very much! Since I've got a live electrician online, haha. Which seems virtually impossible in the San Diego marine world, Do you know of a battery charger that can meet the following requirements for my Firefly Oasis G31 batteries:

1) Float charge to have the option of being set at 13.4v - 13.5v

2) Absorption 14.v

3) Option for a restoration charge bringing the battery up to a true 14.4v

4) Periodic fast charge capability

Thanks in advance,

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

@TvZ what kind of charger: AC-DC or DC-DC? What maximum charge current are you looking for? Most of Victron's chargers have the ability to do what you want, it's just a matter of what source/what current you're looking for.

0 Likes 0 ·