question

foxathome avatar image
foxathome asked

Multiplus 2 in parallel

I have two new Multiplus 2 12v 3000 units wired from a 50 amp main into my RV. One inverter tied to each side of the line in ( one fed from red, one from black)

Both feed one side of the AC panel. All functions when powered up. When programming for parallel operation the units are powered off, the RJ45 cable connection made and the VictronConnect quick configure program runs as expected, updating both units.

On power up, master unit emits a loud buzz and seems to go into an error condition. The slave lights don’t blink per the manual.
My dealer says that it’s incompatible to have split phase in and parallel out. Is this true? We don’t have any appliances that use 240v, so split phase is not needed.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

If you want to use them in parallel on the output you have to connect each to the same phase on the input.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

anthem avatar image anthem commented ·

Exactly as he just said. They have to be identical source if parallel. And if split phase have to be on the 120 or 180 split depending on what is configured.

0 Likes 0 ·
foxathome avatar image
foxathome answered ·

I’m choosing to implement two inverters standalone. One for each leg. Other than combined reporting there doesn’t seem to be a negative to this solution

2 |3000