question

bruces avatar image
bruces asked

MultiPlus Compact Inverter/Charger 12/2000/80 output voltage?

Helping a mate get his system back up and running on a houseboat.

Some time ago the whole setup was running perfect (230V unit in Australia) The batteries failed due to age and since he was in a marina hooked up to shore power he had an electrician bypass the inverter/charger by hooking input direct to output wires.

Recently he purchased some 2V X 6 Fusion Gel batteries. With no AC power connected it fired up in inverter mode but with only 127V output. Switching on 230V input resulted in 230V output OK. As soon as isolate input the output drops to 127V again.

This is an old version with dip switches & hooked up to the remote at the helm without the LED readout. With 230V input it shows battery charging OK too.

Any ideas as to the reason it won't output 230V on inverter?

inverter current draw
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

All Multis have the dip switches but they also can be programmed with VE.config via MK2 or MK3 Interface.
The dip switch 6 is for the AES search mode, is it on or off?

But if you connected shore power to the output of the Multi, you maybe with that you killed something inside the Multi.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bruces avatar image
bruces answered ·

No, definitely didn't connect shore power to the outlet. Will check dip6 tomorrow.

2 |3000

bruces avatar image
bruces answered ·

Problem solved! You were correct about Dip6. I turned it off & 'click' .... straight up to 230Volts.

I then turned it back on, plugged in a 60w old type globe & tried it. No go! Left it turned off but I believe it will use more out of the batteries over night?

Not sure how it was OK before.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic