question

psp-maxi avatar image
psp-maxi asked

Smart Solar 100/30 Battery Voltage calibrate

Hi,

i have 5x Smart Solar 100/30 installed and as Battery LiFeYPO4 1200 AH

each regulator displays a different voltage (0,01-0,02 volt different) even though all cables are the same, this are no problem if the battery are not full.

but, if the LiFeYPO4 go full, i have this situation:

the regulator with the lowest voltage try a long time to get the battery full, but he can't do this alone. (the 4 others are in this case in status float and do nothing) The Battery are many hours over 14.20 volt. ( 14.35 are the charge limit, 13.5 float)

are there any possibilities to calibrate all 5 Solarcontontroller to the same voltage?

I use also the victron OCTO GX for monitoring.

I hope you understand the problem (also sorry for my english)

Thanks

Thomas

MPPT Controllers
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

psp-maxi avatar image psp-maxi commented ·

Antwort gerne auch in deutsch ;-)

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
svtti123 avatar image
svtti123 answered ·

Hi psp maxi,

It is not possible to calibrate the voltage to match controllers. 10mv and 20 mv difference between controllers is not unreasonable to me.

are you using user defined presets or built in presets or rotary switch?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

svtti123 avatar image svtti123 commented ·

the reason I say this is your setting are changed from default for a LiFeYPO4 battery. so I assume your using a preset setting . if you just picked user defined setting without selecting your battery type first then most likely your using a profile more suited to lead acid battery .

look at expert setting if they show some value for tail current or adaptive absorption .

tail current should read disabled

absorption duration should be fixed

absorption time 2hrs

unless of course you made changes.

go back in setting select LiFeYPO4 then customize your setting to match your manufacture recommended setting the screen will now show user defined .as soon as you change one setting is now user defined to better match your chemistry.

0 Likes 0 ·
psp-maxi avatar image
psp-maxi answered ·

thanks for some hints. But i try many things.

The last Solarcharger with the lowest voltage can't load the LiFeYPO4 1200 AH to the End, so he is running the hole day in bulk....(don't reach 14.35 volt)

First Idea are, to use the BT network between all Solarcharger and the BV712 but, if you use a GXCC, you can't do this.

The other idea was to use the DVCC option (all Parts (Solarcharger, both Multiplus,.) on the OctoGX, this mean, the OctoGX take the best Voltage sense (BV712) and all other Parts use this voltage but it did't work.

hint from Victron -> use the latest Firmware on all devices.

if i check the Firmware with victronconnect from the solarcharger, the check say, last Firmware installed (1.46)

after reading many hints i found on the victron site, that it works only with Firmware 1.47.

after updating all Solarcharger to 1.47, with the VRM Portal, it WORKS !!!

(only the VRM Portal updatecheck show me the other firmware).

all devices display now the same voltage !! and go to the same time to bulk, absor., float ...

Thanks

Thomas
2 |3000