question

fishheadbarandgrill avatar image
fishheadbarandgrill asked

100/30 Smart Controller Wont Enter Bulk Charging Mode

Running a 100/30 Smart Controller with the BMV712 smart Monitor. Installation was completed about 11 months ago. I’m a power boat. I noticed a couple of days ago that after running the boat for the day and then anchoring, the controller would remain in float, even as the voltage dropped below 13V. The controller is set on rotary switch position 2. I have to reset the controller by disconnecting the panel (via rotary switch), then disconnecting from the battery via in-line breaker. Then reversing the process. The controller restarts and enters bulk charging mode and completes a full charging cycle. Any thoughts?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Fishheadbarandgrill i can suggest downloading the Victron Connect App, connect to your smart controller and see what it is doing. This will give you history and if it is detecting your voltages correctly. You will also be able to adjust a few settings to better suit your specific battery.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fishheadbarandgrill avatar image
fishheadbarandgrill answered ·

I believe I finally figured out what this was. happening... After living with the problem for over a year, The problem eventually manifested itself all the time. I inspected the MC4 connectors and found that one of the connectors had signs of corrosion. I replaced the connector and that fixed the problem.

2 |3000