question

marck avatar image
marck asked

Is the blue light supposed to be blinking?

Hello all. Thanks for this Q&A forum. I just installed my 100 | 50 MPPT and the bulk (blue light) is blinking indicating not charge. The battery is 100% charged and it's cloudy outside. Also the App is indicating 0 W from solar. Could that be it? Also how do I find the error code? Thanks.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Hi @Marck, the blue light blinking just means that the unit has a power source, it's not an error code. If your batteries are full, the SCC will not attempt to charge them any further.

With regard to error codes, however, you can download the Victron Toolkit App for Android or iPhone here (scroll down the page a bit), and there is an "LED Definitions" section within it that may be helpful for you in the future... again, however, you are not currently seeing any error codes, so it's not immediately relevant.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marck avatar image
marck answered ·

Hello Justin, thank you for responding. Gotcha on the blinking light. I was worried for a moment there because all my connections seem good.

In reference to the error code, I downloaded the toolkit app and that's where I came up with that. But my original question is where can I find the actual code that the controller gives off incase there was an error in the future, the actual number code. The app just lists the blinking definition, it does not give an error code number.

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

@Marck understood; the LED error code numbers were done away with in the Toolkit app a while back, but your VictronConnect will still display the error code number if the controller does actually experience an error.

0 Likes 0 ·
marck avatar image
marck answered ·

Gotcha!!

Thanks for your help.

2 |3000