question

jejochen avatar image
jejochen asked

Ess stops using battery at increasing soc

Can some one help me with the following situation. My system (48v lifepo4, batrium bms, 3 phase multiplus 2 5000) box runs for a week or 2.

The system uses the battery but stops at an still increasing state of charge. Today it stopped at an 65 percent

Ess #1 and #2 is on, but as far as i know, this doesn't influence the soc?

ESSSOC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
tommas avatar image
tommas answered ·

Probably you have ‘batterylife’ enabled. It depends on the setup of you need that function. For lead acid battery’s it’s always needed, en some lithium battery’s need it also because they have a passive balancer, batterylife try’s to reach everyday 100%SOC to start balancing. Check you’re settings in the GX, if you don’t need batterylife, set it to optimize without batterylife. Menu, settings, ESS, mode—> choose ‘optimized without batterylife’.
I don’t know what battery you use so if you have passive balancing you probably need batterylife. Than it doesn’t discharge below the expacten incoming solar power.

Check manual, ESS #xx code can be found on page 6.5.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:design-installation-manual

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jejochen avatar image jejochen commented ·

ok, that did the trick

0 Likes 0 ·
jejochen avatar image
jejochen answered ·

Ok, tx, i have switched off battery life now. Will see how the system acts.

I use batrium bms, passive balancing

2 |3000

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic