question

inhabor avatar image
inhabor asked

Victron charger and Renogy batteries

Can someone please tell me how to set the charging parameters to use my victron charger with my Renogy batteries? I need everything absorption voltage, absorption time, maximum absorption time, float voltage, ect. Also how to set up the BMV SMART. I kind of need all the numbers.

battery charging
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

beatriz-graca avatar image beatriz-graca commented ·

how did you do it? I also bought the renogy batteries, and I wanted to buy the multiplus from victron.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Inhabor, Renogy batteries are not supported by Victron, so for Renogy's charging parameters you'll need to either refer to their user manual or get in touch with Renogy directly, and then set your charging parameters accordingly.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

inhabor avatar image inhabor commented ·

I wish I knew that before buying this batteries. Renogy customer service sucks big time. I was hoping that someone here solved this freaking puzzle. I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one using victron and renogy. Hopefully some here will have the answers I'm looking for.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Inhabor

Did you try the search function? or the suggestions that come up when you type in a question title?

I just tried the search function, and it seems you got a great answer 6 days ago:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/43866/did-someone-finally-figured-out-the-charging-param.html

If this is not sufficient, please get someone with more electrical knowledge to help you with these settings.

3 comments
2 |3000

How is that a great answer? The only information that I can get from that is the charging voltage.

0 Likes 0 ·

That is exactly what I'm doing in this forum, trying to find someone with more electrical knowledge to help me with the settings.

0 Likes 0 ·
anthem avatar image anthem inhabor commented ·

They have answered all these questions. The safest is from the manufacturer. But general lifepo4 values will do. Bulk at 14.2, absorb at 14.2 for shortest time possible and float below 13.6.

But everyone else is correct. At this basic stage you should do your research or find someone more knowledgeable.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic