question

damonz avatar image
damonz asked

MPPT LED flashing every 3 seconds - New feature?

Hi all,

I have a 100/30, 100/50 and BMv-712 all connected via the same smartnetwork. Both the MPPTs are running on v1.37 firmware but I have noticed that the bulk, absorption and float LED's flash once every 3 seconds. ie Bulk flashes Blue LED, Absorption flashes yellow LED and float flashed Green LED. Is this a new feature of V1.37 or is it something to do with them all being connected via smartnetworking? The system operates perfectly but i'm just not sure what the flashing LED means. Any help would be appreciated. I have ruled out temperature and overcurrent as a cause.

Regards,

Damon

MPPT Controllers
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dan avatar image dan commented ·

I have a 75/15 with the same issue, every thing seems fine except for the flashing leds.

0 Likes 0 ·
kloewit avatar image kloewit commented ·

I have a 75/15 does the same thing otherwise seems to be working. I just joined this looking for answer. Is this the only resource for tech questions?

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
dworkin avatar image
dworkin answered ·

Victron Toolkit app has a list of led codes.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

These three LED's flash simultaneously upon establishing a Bluetooth connection with a moble device for instance.
I'm not sure if I've noticed this when devices are communicationg within a Smart Network.
I should conduct an experimant when I get home.

2 |3000

antea avatar image
antea answered ·

My MPPT100/20 started doing it after a firmware update, that is the light goes of for a fraction of a second every 4 seconds or so instead of being steady. Not mentioned in the manual, but since everything else seems OK...

2 |3000

bradders avatar image
bradders answered ·

I realise that this is an old thread, but I have a very similar issue.

My system comprises of an MPPT 100/30 which is monitored by an MPPT control, blue-toothed to my phone. I also have a BMV712 Smart which monitors the batteries and runs from a data cable connected to the shunt. I get the same flashing sequence as everyone else has mentioned, but it goes away when I disconnect the data cable between the shunt and the BMV712 Smart. Seems to operate perfectly well when the data cable is and isn't connected.

Did anyone come up with a conclusive answer?

2 |3000

er-minio avatar image
er-minio answered ·

Was about to start a new topic, but I have the exact same "non-issue".

Today I updated the firmware of my SmartSolar 75|100, and added a SmartShunt monitor to my setup.

Everything works perfectly, but the SmartSolar blue led (the battery is in bulk) started blinking once every few seconds.

Trying to understand what it means. The SmarSolar is charging, bulk mode. That would have been fixed blue light up to this morning.

I connected the SmartShunt and the SmartSolar with a VENetwork... not sure if the blink is related to that?

Here's it:

blink-victron.gif

blink-victron.gif (3.8 MiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

er-minio avatar image er-minio commented ·

Replying to myself:

I disconnected the battery from the SmartSolar when installing the shunt, but kept the panels (with sufficient voltage) connected, so the charge controller never shut off and I then reconnected the battery.

Disconnected and re-connected the panel and everything works (and flashes) ok.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ er-minio commented ·

@er-minio

As dworkin wrote ind the accepted answer, take a look at the Victron Toolkit app, that shows you all LED blinking codes.

screenshot-20201104-182700-victron-toolkit.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
er-minio avatar image er-minio Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·