question

enrique-marquez avatar image
enrique-marquez asked

Octo GX Modbus TCP ID VE.Direct ports

Hi @mvader (Victron Energy Staff), I will install a Octo GX with 4 monitors BMV700 connected with VE.Direct ports, and show the information with Modbus TCP in a the HMI screen of boat.

My question is , Which is the ID station for VE.Direct 1, VE.Direct 2, VE.Direct 3......VE.Direct n ?

In the document CCGX-Modbus-TCP-register-list-2.40-2 I´m not see it.

Please, Can you cleare to me ?

Many thanks.

Modbus TCPgx device
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Enrique Marquez, you're right! It looks like they are missing. We'll look into it and confirm here when fixed.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Izak (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Izak (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Enrique Marquez,

The good news is that just over half of the mappings are already there, just not clearly documented.

The two VE.Direct ports on the lower level (in other words, on the same level as the ethernet jack and power connector) are the same as for the Venus-GX, and they have unitids 243 and 245.

On the upper level, the first 5 ports anti-clockwise from the left have ids 238, 237, 236, 235 and 233. They live on the USB bus and have the same ids as ttyUSB1 thru 5.

This should also be clearly indicated on the modbus-TCP available services menu on the GX device.

The last three ports (ttyUSB6-8) don't yet have mappings. These will be fixed in a future release.

2 |3000

enrique-marquez avatar image
enrique-marquez answered ·

Hi @Izak Perfect !!! Man y thanks. With this información is suficiente for me. I download the Excel versión with the mapping of new CERBO. The Modbus TCP Communications working very well with the the HMI SCADA directly without plc.

I install boats and normally they have 3 o 4 banks batteries and in the main GX screen and the caravan & boat screen only show main battery.

Will be a lot of interesting have more writable registers and alarm registers of devices....

Thanks

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Modbus TCP Basics