question

wolfgang Linke avatar image
wolfgang Linke asked

The Relay inside the Multiplus II won't switch

I would like to reduce the charging power by switching on a load when more than 50% SOC
That's why I've invited two assistants. If over 53. V, turn on the relay. If below 53.5 relays off. But the relay won't switch. Is there another command?

Thank you for your answer.

Multiplus-II
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Please confirm the firmware version of the multi.

I also do not understand your relay logic, why are you turning the relay off (opening it) over 53.5V, shouldnโ€™t they be reversed,

So the relay is on (closed) above 53.5, and off (open) below 53V?

Powering load above 53.5V, and disconnecting it below 53V, with a 0.5V hysteresis.

Or do I misunderstand?

0 Likes 0 ยท
1 Answer
wolfgang Linke avatar image
wolfgang Linke answered ยท

It is correct. If the charge voltage is greater than 53.5
should switch on the relay, this will switch on the heating cartridge in the boiler. I could also take SOC higher 50% or Amp higher ?. I just want to charge the battery more slowly in full sun. What I take, I want to try out. My question is how I get the relay to switch at all. It does nothing. Is my assistant programming not complete or wrong. Are there perhaps manuals with examples for relay programming? Or is there any box left to check for a tick.

MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 (50A ext sensor)

Firmwe-Version 430

Letzte Verbindung vor einer Minute

Product-ID 2628

VE.Bus-Verbindung VE.Bus

Hardware-Konfiguration Three phase system, one unit per phase

8 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Please update firmware to current version first. It is easiest to use Victron Connect to update the Vebus Multis to the latest firmware. There is a guide here

https://docs.victronenergy.com/victronconnect-vebus.html#firmware-updates

Please take note of the warnings, and make sure all settings and configuration are saved first. If you are not comfortable doing this and familiar with working on this level of the system, please contact your installer.

0 Likes 0 ยท
wolfgang Linke avatar image wolfgang Linke Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) โ™ฆโ™ฆ commented ยท

I'll do it this weekend. Nobody needs electricity on Sunday morning. There's silence. Thanks for the answer.

0 Likes 0 ยท
wolfgang Linke avatar image wolfgang Linke wolfgang Linke commented ยท

I read the manual and thought about it. There's an easier way. In CC there is the option online update. I think this will keep all settings. I can read out a backup on the chip for security reasons. It is always nice to have an automatic.

0 Likes 0 ยท
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE โ™ฆ wolfgang Linke commented ยท

รœber das VRM Portal kann man die Firmware vom Multi nicht aktualisieren, das geht nur am PC mit VE.flash oder mit VictronConnect.

Geben sie uns doch bitte mal eine รœbersicht aller Assistenten.

0 Likes 0 ยท
wolfgang Linke avatar image wolfgang Linke Matthias Lange - DE โ™ฆ commented ยท

Ich meinte die Online Aktualisierung รผber das Color Control

I meant the online update via the Color Control

0 Likes 0 ยท
wolfgang Linke avatar image wolfgang Linke wolfgang Linke commented ยท

I meant the online update via the Color Control

0 Likes 0 ยท
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE โ™ฆ wolfgang Linke commented ยท

Die ist nur fรผr das CCGX selbst, nicht fรผr angeschlossene Gerรคte.

0 Likes 0 ยท
wolfgang Linke avatar image wolfgang Linke Matthias Lange - DE โ™ฆ commented ยท

Ok danke

Okay, thanks a lot.

0 Likes 0 ยท