question

Kristof G. avatar image
Kristof G. asked

Zigbee keeps losing connection

Hi,

has anyone a solution for the disconnecting Zigbee modules?

i have bought the Zigbees from Victron , A and B module , the A module is connected tot the color and the B module is connected tot the ET112 sensor.

It works BUT sometimes it just disconnecs out of the blue. after a couple of sec. sometimes 1 min. it comes back .

they are about 20m away from each other.

can you login to the A-module and change some channels? or do something via Color GX?

thanks kristof

Energy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Kristof; no there is nothing that can be done about that. There mist be some interference; or you are at the edge of the available distance in your situation.

You can try moving either end a bit; as far as the cables allow; and if that doesnt help then I have no other solution then to replace by a wire I’m afraid.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johannes-cronje avatar image johannes-cronje commented ·

HI Matthis

There is not a lot of info regarding the zigbee devices . I may have the same situation . What are the range of these zigbee's . Et112 meter is one side of the house and CCGX on the other side .

Is there way of knowing if there is a connection between the two or not and how to fault find it.

Regards

0 Likes 0 ·
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

In my own experience, there is just too much that can go wrong with a Zigbee connection. I’ve had them closer than 10m and still occasionally disconnect. I hardwire all my installations using the rs485 to usb cable and cat5 cable to extend with.

2 |3000

Kristof G. avatar image
Kristof G. answered ·

i"ve been testing with this ....and here is the update :

if i connect this zigbee to an usb-hub , it sometimes disconnects out of the blue ,

BUT when i connect it direct via the ColorGX usb port, it works fine (for now ;-) )... i gone test next week with an other usb-hub (2.0 and not an 3.0 usb-hub)

because i have the same 3.0 usb-hub for the MPPTS and they dont disconnect ...

so i hope its just the usb-hub that does go wierd ;)

grtz KG

P.S the used usb-hub , works fine connected to a computer.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic